Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deadmau5 (pronounced Dead Mouse) S I C K


EARGASMIC


Best Mashup of Gaga-n-Deadmau5 I have found








I first was introduced to Deadmau5, on a friend Matt's facebook. This is Matt and
Joel Thomas Zimmerman (deadmau5 without his Mouse helmet on) together at Winter Music Conference. Pretty sweet neck tattoo.

Comment about DJs

In an October 2008 interview with the Irish Daily Star Deadmau5 was quoted as follows:

“It puts me to fucking sleep, to be quite honest; I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully, with all due respect to the DJ type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur, I'd like them to dis-a-fucking-pear! It's so middle man, they’re like fucking lawyers! You need them, but they’re fucking cunts. God bless them, they’re my number one customer right, so I’m not gonna go dis every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive, "up on a podium" performer by playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it...”[16]

Zimmerman apologized for this comment on November 4, 2008. He explained that the interview was bad...

"Let me start by admitting…. I did not grow up in the EDM scene. I don't consider my career to be about “being a DJ”. I don't have “DJ roots”. I never had any intention of becoming a DJ, and my conception of “DJ’s” in general from this standpoint has always been being forced into some nightclub when I would have rather stayed home, and watch some dude mash the “play / stop” button and occasionally move a pitch slider. Love it or hate it... that’s just been my conception of the traditional “DJ”. Mind you, I'm not a total fucking idiot, and I recognize talent when I see it... and there are many talented DJ’s out there for sure. In my eyes, those would be the individuals who utilize technology to deliver the music in ways that are both skillful and innovate, more-so than my vision of the “play/stop/pitch” DJ. To me, the club is about “the party”; the people make the night; the DJ obviously needs to use that to his advantage, it’s give and take."

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive