Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kauai Hawaii






Over the rainbow- save the wise cracks please ;-)



Literally the end of the rainbow. WHERE IS MY POT OF GOLD??? SOMEONE BRING ME MY GOLD!

The other end of the rainbow- actually at one point close to the falls the rainbow made a full loop- Pretty amazing

Goat for sale

Certified Organic- They said she will be at Whole foods in Southern California. I would definitely call this humane

Scenic drive



To the left, to the left

NEVER!

Smoked fish, poke, and Lau Lau from a roadside stand



Surfer cakes at the super market

Hiking down to the "hidden" beach



Another healthy start





We had to wear these because the Manawaiopuna Falls we landed at is sacred pristine land.

Na Pali Coast



NICE LANDING!

Landing at Manawaiopuna Falls









SURFS UP!

view from the room- Didn't realize 'til I got here that this is "Bali Hai" from the movie South Pacific - I can see why

AMEN!

A little twisted- like me ;)



Waialeale Volcano Crater

Where Jurassic Park was filmed

Waimea Canyon- the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"

Waimea Canyon

















Massive bug I found, and killed, crawling up my shoe- it is as big as my phone


Now that is what I call Prime real estate- see the house on top of the falls? Are you kiddin me?!?!



enroute to zip lines

First Platform

READY, SET, ZIP!

Across the valley

Over the river

Past a bee nest

Hiking to next platform



Great name, great signage, great food

YUM

Pineapple Carpaccio with cilantro oil and lemon sorbet

It's a Mai Tai, but he infuses it with wood smoke from a Jack Daniels barrel,then brulees the pineapple garnish

I was in Hawaii, I had too ;)

Healthy start

View from breakfast- COME ON, GIVE ME A BREAK!

Passing rain shower over breakfast

Post breakfast cocktail? Sure, why not.

Pool & Ocean


The mountain ridge that inspired Peter Paul & Mary's song "Puff, the Magic Dragon" The story of the song takes place "by the sea" in a place named "Hanah Lee" It is actually the town of Hanalei, which, is renowned for its marijuana. When you see the whole ridge it does kind of look like a dragon, but I bet the weed they were smoking helped the imagination ;)



Drinking, eating, and swimming all day- Lovin life

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive