Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Negging--You're ugly, but you intrigue me.


One of the world's great pickup artists, Mystery (aka Erik Von
Markovik) has pioneered a controversial practice known as negging, making a "subtle-yet-negative statement that puts a target off-guard and makes him/her question their perceived value"
e.g It's your lucky day--I'm on the rebound, and my standards are low.

According to Mystery, the response to a successful neg is laughter, but it also increases your target's susceptibility to advances. While anecdotal evidence suggests negging works, proceed with caution.

Here is a list to get started with...


What is a nice boy like you doing with a face like that?

I may not be the best-looking guy here, but who are you to be picky?

I sacrificed my dignity to come talk to you. The least you could do is say yes.

I thought I'd come over and give your self-esteem a boost.

I'm a sweet guy, and you clearly have a taste for sweets.

I'm feeling charitable. Wanna go out sometime?

It's your lucky day--I'm on the rebound, and my standards are low.

You looked better from across the room, but now that I'm here I might as well talk to you.

With a little surgery, you wouldn't be half bad.

Beauty is only a light switch away.

You're ugly, but you intrigue me.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive