Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Repeal is up for a vote this Tuesday!!!!


Repeal of Don't ask Don't tell is being voted on this coming Tuesday- call your senator, even if you do not know who your senator is, they know and will direct you (202) 224-3121





A former war hero, McCain said he would support ending the ban once the military's top brass told him that they agreed with the change.

"The day that the leadership of the military comes to me and says, 'Senator, we ought to change the policy,' then I think we ought to consider seriously changing it," McCain said in October 2006 to an audience of Iowa State University students.

That day arrived Tuesday, with Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates and Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen testifying to senators after President Obama's announcement that he would seek a congressional repeal of the 15-year-old policy.

Mullen called repealing the policy, which bans openly gay men and lesbians from serving, "the right thing to do" and said he was personally troubled by effectively forcing service members to "lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens."

Gates told the Armed Services Committee, "I fully support the president's decision."

In response, McCain declared himself "disappointed" in the testimony. "At this moment of immense hardship for our armed services, we should not be seeking to overturn the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy," he said bluntly, before describing it as "imperfect but effective."







I use to respect McCain; I find it ironic he is attempting to block the repeal of DADT through a filibuster on Tuesday when he was the one who eulogized gay Republican 9-11 "hero," Mark Bingham. I thought his attendance at the funeral of Mark Bingham as well as his eulogy for that great American showed, he honors the service and sacrifice of our heroes — regardless of their sexual orientation. GUESS NOT



John McCain’s own words: “I never knew Mark Bingham. But I wish I had. I know he was a good son and friend, a good rugby player, a good American, and an extraordinary human being. He supported me, and his support now ranks among the greatest honors of my life. I wish I had known before September 11th just how great an honor his trust in me was. I wish I could have thanked him for it more profusely than time and circumstances allowed. But I know it now. And I thank him with the only means I possess, by being as good an American as he was.”

Yes McCain, “I wish I could of thanked him more.” His thanks for leading passengers to storm the cockpit of Flight 93, having it crash in a field instead of the pentagon, is really to strip gay heroes and soldiers of their honor and benefits over their sexual orientation.

Search This Blog

Followers